Monday 25 August 2014

Hello Again - 25 Motif Challenge # 3, 4 and 5

I have been away from my blog for some time now.  A lot has happened since my last post.  We went to New Zealand to visit our son last Christmas, and we had a great time as usual. I did a lot of tatting whilst I was there, I tried some new threads as well.

When we returned we had a lot of problems, flooding from the roof, cars that wouldn't start, the telephones decided not to work, the freezer packed up.  To top it all we both caught a nasty virus and were poorly for a few weeks.  I sneezed and put my back and shoulder out and unable to even knit, crochet or do any tatting for a few more weeks.  All is better now.

Our youngest son got married in August, I made their cake and hopefully will post a picture of it soon.

Below is my 3rd sample for the 25 motif challenge, this bookmark is made in  J P Coats Mercer Crochet no 50 in beige. This thread was given to me by Emily, it was in her late grandmas sewing box.




I forgot to mention that my PC decided to play up and I have not been able to use it.  The problem has now been fixed (I hope) so can catch up posting the sampes.  I hope to spread them out a bit so as not to bore you.

The next sample a cross motif is by Mary Konior from her book a Pattern Book of Tatting. The cross is called Peter and Paul and I made it in Anchor Paisley No 18 colour 609



My 5th sample is a heart motif it is from the Learn to Tat book by Janette Baker. I made this heart in cream Anchor Clark and Co Paisley on a small skein no. 18.


No comments:

Post a Comment