Tuesday 26 August 2014

# 11 - # 15 of the 25 Motif Challenge

This is sample # 11 it is made in a WonderFil thread called Fruitti col. 14 it is a 12 weight thread for sewing and quilting.  It comes in 40 colour combinations and tats well.  The design is from one of my favourite designers Jan Stawasz from the Tatted Treasures book from one of the motifs in the table set.


# 12 a heart motif is another design by Jan Stawasz from the same book as sample 11.  This thread I bought in New Zealand a no. 12 perle thread for embroidery colour is Copper Kiss.

I realise I prefer to work with finer threads.


Below is a Jane Eborall design this sample it is called Flowery SCMR Bookmark.  It was made from Twilleys Twenty Random Lilac thread and Altin Basak no. 50 col 332 the green.

 
 
This cross was made in Lizbeth thread (which is becoming my favourite thread as it holds picots well and is nice to tat with) the colour is called Leafy Greens 138 in a no. 20 count. This is another design from Jan's Tatted Treasures book.
 
 
 
Designed by Jon Yusoff this next sample # 15 is made in |izbeth thread colour is called Wild Flowers and is a no. 20 thread count.
 



 
 

 
 


4 comments:

  1. Your motifs are beautiful. You are tackling some pretty difficult patterns for a one year old tatter. I certainly couldn't do that level of work after one year. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comments. I love tatting and it is lonely not having someone near to check you are doing things ok. I am very encouraged to keep progressing, thanks again

      Delete
  2. You have some truly wonderful tatted pieces!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am new to blogging its harder than tatting has been. Your comments are encouraging. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

      Delete